We have 2 spaces available on a Mountain Training, Climbing Wall Instructor Training Course on the 17th and 18th June 2023. At £150 per person. (Discount available for associated employers.)
Day one of the course will run from Trewern Outdoor Centre in Cusop, Hay on Wye and from Llangorse Climbing Centre on Day two.
Candidates booking onto this course must ensure they meet the minimum prerequisites which must be recorded in a Mountain Training DLOG, see below a list of the required prerequisites:
- Create an account on Mountain Training’s Candidate Management System
- Register for the Climbing Wall Instructor scheme (this costs £49).
- Gain an understanding of the wider sport of climbing through own research, learning from more experienced staff/peers & gaining experience of climbing.
- Create a logbook of experience (using DLOG) which must include the following:
- 6 months of experience of using a variety of climbing walls.
- 3 different climbing walls on at least 15 different occasions; this must include at least one major public wall.
- 10 led routes at Fr4 on walls.
For more information on the course content & structure visit the Mountain Training website:
For more information or to book a place on the course please contact Flora Jones email@example.com