Apprentice Outdoor Activity Instructor
Ridgeline Adventures are an outdoor education provider specialising in the provision of the Duke of Edinburgh Award. Ridgeline Adventures are offering an exciting, varied role within our growing company. Kick start your outdoor career with a tailored apprenticeship within an encouraging, safe and forward thinking organisation.
Our Apprentice Outdoor Activity Instructor vacancy is a one-year scheme for people over 18 wanting to gain skills, qualifications and experience working in the outdoors with people from all backgrounds.
Candidates must have a keen passion for the outdoors and a desire to lead others, previous experience is useful but not essential. Apprentices will be inducted and trained to work with Ridgeline Adventures’ clients and will work towards the Level 3 Outdoor Activity Instructor Apprenticeship. Opportunities to develop wider industry skills via a personalised program of funded NGB outdoor qualifications will be provided to prepare you for an exciting and rewarding career in the outdoors.
Find out more on the Ridgeline Adventures website here.
Hungerford in Berkshire and various expedition locations across the South East of England.
Day to day duties:
- Assist in the management of equipment store
- Prepare resources for expeditions
- Carry out routine maintenance on expedition equipment
- Assist in day-to-day company responsibilities
- Liaise with clients
- Assist with the development of expedition programmes
- Work collaboratively with the instructor team
- Assist in the delivery of safe and engaging DofE expeditions
- Shadow/ support in the delivery of other mountain-based activities
- Work in accordance of our policies and procedures
Skills and qualifications:
- Level 1 (GCSE Grade D / 3) in Functional Skills Maths and English (Essential)
- 5 GCSE’s Grade 4-9 (Desirable)
- Good communication skills (Desirable)
- Leadership skills (Desirable)
- Enthusiasm (Desirable)
- Self-driven (Desirable)
- Team player (Desirable)
Having completed your apprenticeship, you will be well prepared for work in the outdoor industry. Opportunities to progress into a permanent staff role or ad-hoc freelance work are available.
Salary Details: Apprenticeship minimum wage
Working Hours: 37 hours minimum per week. Working patterns and hours may vary based on business needs.
Open to under 18s: 18+ due to NGB requirements
Closing Date: Ongoing
Interview Dates: To be confirmed
Possible Start Date: Spring 2024
If you are interested in this post, please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
For an informal chat about the role you can call Isaac Walker on 07512518969