Channel Training is a specialist education and training provider in the outdoor sector. It exists to support individuals into and through careers in Outdoor Education and Recreation.
We believe that outdoor and adventurous activities are a natural and vital part of our lives. They make us happy, give us confidence and create positive social interaction. They encourage good health, wellbeing and pro-environmental behaviours in a truly accessible way. They improve attainment in mainstream education, support the development of children and young people and provide a positive narrative for families and communities. They allow us space to just be present, in our complex and challenging society, at a time when we need that the most.
Our vision is one where all individuals, families and communities in our society can access and understand the benefits of outdoor learning.
Outdoor activity providers and their staff have a pivotal role in shaping and delivering these outcomes for our society. If we can influence the recruitment, training and development of these staff, we can realise our vision with a huge reach and with inherent sustainability.
Channel Training aims to connect employers in our sector with diverse talent and encourage, support and train those staff through high quality Apprenticeship provision.
We aim to develop and maintain outstanding training for successful completion of Apprenticeship Standards at the level appropriate for the learner. This includes success in employer engagement, IAG, recruitment, training, retention, final completion and ongoing employability and support.
With an unswerving belief in the value of outdoor learning, we have created an operation today that influences, empowers and supports thousands of individuals every year.
Meet the Team
“Growing up on a diet of Peak District gritstone and rain showed me from a very early age that people are the best versions of themselves when…
“Being part of the development and growing passion of new industry professionals is an invaluable experience…..
“I love working with different people! So far, my time in the industry has allowed me to do this in a variety of different countries…
“My passion is being outside and enjoying the outdoors for whatever it has to offer, whether it be mountain biking through the forest…
“I love my job especially working with people from all over the country and hearing all sorts of different colloquialisms!…
“I thoroughly enjoy admin, and take pride in being able to help and support people…
“I have been working in the industry for nearly 20 years and have been lucky enough to see the amazing impact outdoor learning has…
Skills Tutor – Apprenticeships
Central Southern England
Channel Training has been at the forefront of Apprenticeship development in the outdoor activities sector since 2012. We believe that Apprenticeships are an incredibly powerful tool to attract and develop diverse talent in outdoor learning and to provide cost-effective solutions for employers in our sector. Our staff have decades of experience in the delivery of Apprenticeships that meet the needs of outdoor centres, schools, adventurous activity and recreation providers and outdoor learning charities, social enterprises and voluntary organisations. Channel Training specializes in the Outdoor Learning Specialist, Outdoor Activity Instructor and Community Activator Coach Apprenticeship Standards.
Consistent delivery of outstanding training; guidance, support and care for Apprentices across England; close liaison and good relationships with employers; a keen sense of providing high quality service for our sector – these things are key to what we do. The Tutor role is at the heart of this. Working with the Tutor Team, Systems and Quality Managers and Directors, the successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery of training to apprentices across a range of employers.
This is a modern, dynamic role in a progressive company. It requires an absolute belief in the value of outdoor learning and those that deliver it, and an absolute commitment to continually improving the training offer we make to the sector.
The Skills Tutor will have a reduced learner caseload in order to facilitate and run a significant number of NGB and skills courses for apprentices across the country.
- Reporting to the Lead Tutor and working with the Skills Development Lead / Quality Manager.
- Plan, resource and deliver high quality training for Level 2,3 and 5 apprenticeships.
- Manage own time and resources effectively to meet company, employer and apprentice needs.
- Manage and develop strong relationships with employers.
- Market our offer and promote the company and its work.
- Operate within, and contribute to, the company’s Standard Operating Procedures and Risk Assessments.
- Tutor for a reduced caseload of approx. 20 apprentices across a number of employers.
- Coordinate and deliver apprenticeship training.
- Coordinate and deliver a range of high-quality skills and NGB courses for all apprentices, working with the Skills Development Lead.
- Work with apprentices and employers through OneFile, email, online meetings, phone and visits.
- Liaise with End Point Assessment Organisations.
- Support Internal Quality Assurance as led by the Programme Manager.
- Deliver the content of apprenticeship standards, including observations.
- Prompt assessment and feedback on OneFile and in the workplace.
- Support the development of Programmes of Study and resources for each Apprenticeship Standard.
- Undertake timely apprentice reviews.
- Support apprentices in logging off the job training and use of OneFile.
- Invigilate exams as required (e.g. functional skills).
- Accountable for the progress and achievement of apprentices.
- Support active marketing – visits to potential new clients, sharing promotional materials, attendance at outdoor centre open days, providing advice and guidance, liaison with employer staff.
- Support recruitment – contact with employers, support with shortlisting, selection, induction, supporting employer staff, presence at outdoor centre open days and interviews.
Skills and Occupational Requirements
- An understanding of Apprenticeships in our sector and of their importance in workforce development.
- Competent in the use of current ICT and have experience of virtual learning environments and e-portfolios.
- Have personal PC / laptop, mobile phone and high-quality broadband and 4G appropriate for the role.
- Have appropriate professional home office for work and glitch-free communication.
- Knowledge and experience in the outdoor sector with a current understanding of the training required to develop as an outdoor instructor.
- Level 3 Award in Education and Training or equivalent.
- Level 3 Award in Assessing Vocationally Related Achievement or equivalent.
- First Aid at Work or Advanced Outdoor First Aid
- MTA Mountain Leader Award
- 1 of the following:
- MTA Rock Climbing Development Instructor & Foundation Coach
- MTA Mountaineering and Climbing Instructor & Foundation Coach
- Archery GB Provider
- A full, clean UK driving licence and own vehicle appropriate for business use.
- Knowledge and experience in education / adult learning and Apprenticeships.
- Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training / Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement
- Level 4 Award in IQA.
- Outdoor First Aid provider.
- Bushcraft instructing experience.
- MTA Lowland Leader course tutoring experience.
- MTA Climbing Wall Instructor course tutoring experience.
- Archery GB provider experience.
- British Canoeing Coach Award.
- BC Paddlesport Instructor Course provider.
- BC Paddlesport Safety and Rescue Course provider.
We understand that there are many equivalences and differing personal skill sets – please get in touch informally to discuss skills and NGB requirements if you wish.
Full time, permanent role, salary £29k pa. Home-based, working independently, online and through F2F training, courses, meetings and visits. The role involves travel between outdoor centres and venues, overnight stays and blocks of time away from home. Our expectation is that hours are managed throughout the working week to meet the operational needs of the company and the personal needs of the post-holder. This role is a very rewarding and dynamic one, with a supportive, well-motivated and happy team.
Please do contact us for an informal discussion to find out more.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire or express interest. Applications are by application form only.
Closing date: 29th December 2023 at 5pm
Interview date: w/b 8th January 2024
Start date: 5th February 2024
You can download the full job description here.
Thanks very much for your interest in our company and our work.